Tuesday, 9 April 2013

Rimmel Foundations

Rimmel foundations empties/compare and contrast

So I have been going through a lot of foundation lately,as I finished these two bottles around the same time I though I would tell you guys what I thought.The two foundations are the Rimmel lasting finish 25 hour foundation (relatively old) and Rimmel wake me up foundation (newer release).Both shades are ivory,the lightest you can get I believe.

Empties

Firstly the rimmel lasting foundation 25 hour foundation.
  • Coverage - medium coverage
  • Price - €9.95
  • Feels heavy on the skin
  • Noticeable staying power
  • Matte finish

Rimmel wake me foundation
  • Coverage - light to medium coverage
  • Price - €10.95
  • Feels lightweight on the skin
  • Staying power of a few hours
  • Dewy/soft finish

There is quite a noticeable difference between the two foundations.The wake me up foundation is great for day time and gives a nice dewy finish,I feel like even though it doesn't last all day it wears off evenly and didn't leave me with any patches or blotches.Where as the Rimmel lasting finish has longer staying power I did find it quite cakey on my skin,especially the dry areas of it.Overall I would re purchase the wake me up foundation again for a quick-go-to-slap-it-on foundation,and after finding rimmels match perfection foundation I don't think I will revert back to the lasting finish....

What's your favourite high street/drugstore foundation at the mo?any recommendations?



No comments:

Post a Comment